When to Hire a Phalcon Developer?
You should not hire a Phalcon developer for a simple web project. You should consider hiring a Phalcon developer in three situations
- You are going to develop a web/cloud application and you are expecting load issues at the production server or in the future.
- You are already facing load issues on your existing web application which are written in another framework. You can consider moving it to the Phalcon decoupled application. API and backend in Phalcon, frontend in ReactJs & Mobile apps in React Native.
- You already started, have a front end developer, just need to hire a Phalcon developer for writing the APIs
- The highest performance among all PHP framework
- Rich functionality
- Capable to withstand high load
- File operations are minimized
- Consumes minimum resources (RAM & CPU mainly)
- You can create your own PHP extension for better performance
- The ORM technology interacts with databases for high performance.
- Quick processing as framework becomes an extension of the PHP engine
- Ideal for API development using the Phalcon microframeworks
Why Phalcon is not popular despite it is the fastest
- C phobia as the core is written in C. However an application can be built without writing a single new line of C.
- Require better developer with in-depth OOPs knowledge
- Phalcon does not provide default auth. One has to write his own.
- Phalcon does not run at most shared hosting.
- Freelancers do not see it suitable as it is not suitable for the small low budgeted project
Skill-set of a typical Phalcon Developer
The skills and experiences of a Phalcon developer may vary from developer to developer. However, they are likely to have the following skillset for developing a modern web application
- PHP with Phalcon framework
- ReactJS (for modern applications)
- React Native (for mobile development)
- MySQL/ PgSQL
- Basic Database designing skill and SQL
- Agile Requirement Mgt and Requirement development techniques
- Basic Agile Project Management
- Basic quality sense and test management skill
- Communication over skype, email, etc
- 4-8 years of experience in developing web and mobile applications
- Team support - Access to functional experts; Designer, Database administrator, system architect, project management expert & server administrator.
The recommended platform for a Phalcon Project
- Phalcon PHP framework - for core back end development. Mainly APIs.
- PgSQL - Back end database. PgSQLoutperforms when the data amount is higher.
- ReactJS - for building web front end interfaces
- React Native - For mobile app development
- Plus usual Linux tools (web server, mail server, caching server, etc) as situation demands
How can we help you with building a large Phalcon Application?
It may not be easy ( if not impossible) for you to hire so many experts. Just hiring a developer will not solve your problem either. We can help you …
- We have been into web development since 1999. We have a fair amount of organisational knowledge base and codebase from which you can benefit.
- We will provide you with an experienced developer cum analyst who can play the roles of a product assistant, system analyst, system designer as well as of the developer with some help from inhouse experts.
- We can provide you with a full stack developer with competence in ReactJs and React Native for building interactive web frontend with Drupal back end and native mobile apps for both android and iOS.
- A Scrum master will be assigned along with the developer to monitor the project at no extra cost or at a marginal extra cost. He will be available to you for any expert suggestion.
- When a situation demands expert help, we will line up the experts on an SOS basis. We have functional experts in system designing, business analysis, server administration, web designing etc. At just marginal additional cost.
- A programmer can never bring the perfection of a designer to design point. We will give you access to the designer just paying the marginal cost.
- We have our own integrated project management cum product development platform that takes care of the project life cycle as well as product development life cycle. You can use it at no extra cost. It has a built in requirement management system, test management system, bug reporting, front desk in addition to the agile project management system.
- We can keep the documentation of the system (if you request) for you such that it never becomes an issue in maintenance in future when developer changes.
- If your proposed system is performance or security sensitive you must do formal load and security testing to avoid unpleasant surprise in future.
- We can manage your DEV and Live server at AWS too. Basic setup & day to day administration including backup.
How does a Dedicated Phalcon Developer cost?
The cost may vary from USD 1200 to USD 1800 depending on the skillset and experience of the Phalcon developer.
Why Hire a Dedicated Developer?
There are 4 main reasons.
- Low Cost - If you are from India, you may not have too much cost advantage, but can avoid hassles. But if you are from a country from Europe or from America, I can bet, you will get a better developer with us at an approximate 1/5th cost (or even less) in comparison to a local developer.
- No Hassles - Of course, you can hire a local developer and accommodate him in your office. But you need additional table space, computer, and all web development amenities for him along with the usual hassles of recruitment, training, payroll, and regular supervision. With online dedicated developers with us, we take all these hassles. You just concentrate on your business.
- Full Control - You always have the option to get things done on a fixed cost basis, but you will lack the control. You have to compromise with your priority, freedom to change, and freedom to communicate with the developer. You need to define every work every time and get involved with the cycle until it is done. But your involvement will be minimum for a dedicated developer.
- Fulltime Technology Consultant - A dedicated PHP developer will be like your other employee. He/she will not only work as a developer but as your technology consultant. This is highly recommended for the continual improvement of your business. The 5th point of LEAN product development technique and 3rd point of DevOps framework. You can never expect it from fixed cost hiring or part-time hiring.
How a Dedicated Developer work?
We recruit intelligent, well qualified and experienced PHP/MySQL developers and let them work under quality oriented strict supervision. They become available for hiring when they ensure delivering quality works. Here how it works.
- You hire a full time developer (or project manager) just paying a 15 days charge in advance.
- We provide all web development amenities. We even provide our code library, modules, and framework free for him to use. These have been built and tested in last 13 years.
- The developer will work only on your projects and will be always available on skype/chat during the working hours. You can contact them any time, during the working hours. If he is stuck or need some expert help, he has option to consult other expert developers who you have not hired.
- You get the non development works (template design, data entry etc) by other resources on assignment basis. Your dedicated developer can manage it on your behalf.
- He manage a daily log and enter what hours have been spent on what tasks.You can check his works any time.
- In case a developer has become ill or left the job or you are not satisfied with his works, we will arrange a replacement developer. You can stop him with a 15 days notice.
- We will be available for future support, after years, even for a 1 hour job.
In short, it is just like your own developer at your office. Except he sits bihind the internet, not behind the wall. Additionally you do not take any technical and HR hassles.
- A full time dedicated developer will work only for your projects. He will NOT work for another customer work even when he has no work to do at a particular moment of time.
- He/She will be joining general RP meetings (normally HR and general project issues are discussed in the meeting, normally held on first Saturday, once in a month) leaving any other works.
- He /She will work 165 hours on an average. However minimum committed hours is 160 hours. In case average hours is less than 165 hours we will adjust cost with last month bill or on every 6 month, whichever is earlier. In case of daily hiring it is 8 hours. This does not include lunch hours.
- Normal RP office hours is 10 AM to 7 PM with a 1 hour gap lunch break. 5 days a week. Except public holidays.
- The dedicated developer will be online as per your instruction. You are free to communicate with him via skype(or any other method) during his office hours. He will work as per your schedule and priority. RP will will not intervene in anyway in any task unless requested.
- He/she will report his, attendance and daily work through a project management system. You can check it any time. Should you have any question or doubt, you can contact RP authority and demand for clarification.
- You can hire a developer by making just an advance payment of 15 days work. This amount will be adjusted with the first month bill. In case of weekly hiring it is 4 days only.
- In the first 15 days, if not satisfied, cancel the deal without giving any notice. We will refund the money of the un-used days. After 15 days, you can terminate the deal with a 15 days’ notice. For weekly you can cancel with a 7 days notice only.
- Billing cycle monthly. We will always bill in the first week of next month of earlier months work.
- Payment should be made or at least initiated within 10 days you receive the bill. If the payment is delayed for a reason not acceptable to us, we may temporarily change the billing model from postpaid to prepaid until all dues are cleared.
- A dedicated developer will inform you before taking any short leave. In case of any long leave we will either arrange another developer for that period or adjust with the bill.
- Confidentiality - We will keep all personal information, IP rights confidential to any 3rd party. A developer will keep his RP identity hidden for any communication with your client.
- A dedicated developer is free to use any RP core library, module in your project and you will have use, modification and distribution licence for unlimited time. We will never ask for any royalty or additional cost for these core classes / modules/ scripts.
- In case a monthly dedicated developer leaves permanently and we assign a developer who never worked on your projects, we will provide 30% discount to allow the new developer to learn. This will compensate your loss from leaving and reduce your risk to a large extent.
- Though unlikely, but RP will have the right to replace an existing developer with a new developer with a 15 days notice.
- RP will waive the 30% of the first month bill of a new developer for any 3 months or higher contract . The cost will be adjusted in the 3rd month bill. This is to offset the cost to get started with the new project environment, framework, understanding an existing system etc.
- If RP replaces a dedicated developer before the project ends (this may happen at rare cases), RP will arrange for a new developer and allow a 30% billing discount on that month to offset the cost to get started for the new developer.
- In case you are hiring a team developer, he is likely to work on an existing team under a senior developer working and/or under a RP project manager. In case the senior developer / project manager is not hired on a dedicated basis by you, it is likely that their invovlement hours will be billed as per standard RP rates. The same applies in case of senior developer hiring when he requires professional involvement from other developer / project manager.
- Unless mutually agreed, you don’t bear the cost of any hardware / software or anything else used by the developer.
Why Hire from Us?
Web Development since 1999
We are in web development since 1999. In 2004 we developed a PHP MVC framework. Worked on almost all popular web technologies. We implemented many innovative ideas to maximize the client's revenue.
Reliable - In-house with no Newbies
We have a dedicated in-house team of 30+ developers. 80% of them are 6+ years experience. 6 of them are 14+ years of experience. Only experienced developers and experts will work on your projects.
Complete Solution - Concept to Cash
We have six 15+ years of experienced experts who will help to add value at different points of the software development life cycle. Execution will be done by experienced developers and technology experts.
Built-in-Quality through Lean Practices
You can't turn a MI phone into an iPhone, once it is built. Because adding qualities as in iPhone requires to be built-in. We have quality checks on every step of the value stream starting right from the code editor.
Expertise in Latest Technologies
We are currently focused on the latest tools, technologies, programming languages, frameworks and microservices architectures for developing web, cloud, desktop and mobile apps.
Use of Worldclass Agile Tools
Only programming technologies do not help. We set up our development pipelines with DevOps tools like Jira, GIT, Dockers, Kubernetes and automated testing tools to deliver world-class quality in minimum time.
Super Service at India Price
With the help of experienced and trained resources, 21 years of software development experience, hard work and professional honesty, we provide super service. And still at India Price, as we manage everything from India.
History of Serving in the Long Term
We provide future support. Even if you come back with a small change. Clients stay with for years. And in fact employees too. The main reason behind this is we really care about our clients and employees.
What next for Dedicated Phalcon Hiring?
Please contact us. We will discuss by email or schedule a skype meeting whichever is convenient for you. After discussion, we will suggest the best possible deal to ensure maximum value at minimum cost.