What is Drupal?
Drupal is a popular web development platform for developing web applications. It has a built-in CMS system with excellent editing facility and at the same time it provides MVC pattern development options for building new custom modules. This has made drupal a default choice by many to develop content rich web applications.
Drupal is ideal for developing marketing web sites, govt websites, corporate websites, financial websites and practically any content rich website to reach your audience across the globe.
We are into Drupal development since 2014 and in PHP development since 1999.
Why use Drupal?
- Powerful - Drupal is flexible, robust and powerful. There is nothing that can't be built in PHP that can't be built with Drupal.
- Scalable - Multi-site functionality allows you to centrally manage and control the brand while giving content independence to each agency and department.
- Secure - Drupal is built as an open source platform and its codebase is very closely scrutinised.
- Search Engine Friendly - Drupal has many excellent SEO modules to take care of the SEO stuffs better than any other CMS system
- Cutting Edge - Whatever is the latest up-and-coming trend it touches Drupal. Drupal was the first to make responsive (base) themes to make websites mobile-friendly.
- Free - Drupal is 100% free. You do not pay for Drupal. You do not pay a licence fee to use it.
Many try to compare wordpress with drupal since both provide CMS solutions. But there is a hell and heaven difference on security, reliability and performance point. Wordpress is too vulnerable to hacking while drupal is not. Drupal provides MVC development options for adding new modules , just like other PHP frameworks while wordpress does not.
Which industries should use Drupal?
- Retail - The Drupal Commerce module powers 80,000+ sites, making it one of the most flexible retail solutions for websites and applications of all sizes.
- Fintech - Use Drupal to create a robust analytics-and-data infrastructure, at a time when consumers are increasingly looking beyond traditional forms of payment for mobile solutions.
- Sports and entertainment - Drupal is the flexible and robust CMS that powers real-time fan engagement platforms to deliver fully personalized, rich audience experiences.
- Travel and Tourism - Drupal is the open-source CMS for creating rich digital experiences that inspire travel and engage consumers throughout their journey, from researching to booking.
- High Tech - Drupal is the open-source CMS of choice for some of the world’s leading technology companies.
- Ecommerce - Drupal lets you manage products, carts, and transactions as first-class concerns alongside media and content. Build to suit and adapt to meet changing needs through third-party integrations.
- Media and publishing - Drupal is the open-source platform of choice for media and publishing. Create engaging multi-channel experiences to connect with your audiences - everywhere.
- Government - Drupal is the open-source CMS that enables digital transformation of government and increases citizen engagement.
Recommended platform for Drupal Development
- Drupal - for core development
- MySQL/PgSQL - Back end database
- React Native - For mobile app development
- Plus usual linux tools as applicable
Steps involved to build a Drupal Application
If you are a layman in software development, here are the steps for you to build a large application for your company. These are best when implemented on an agile basis. It still may contain some technical jargon, we will be happy to clarify it if requested ...
- Understand the basic concept and have a high level requirement document that will describe the business objective, overall concept and capabilities. List out all the possible features under each capabilities.
- Identify the 20% main features that basically constitute 80% product values. Put them in the MVP and pick the 1st feature for development.
- Break down the feature into user stories. In the proposed software who will do what, when, where and why. You need a Product Owner (it is an agile software development term) to efficiently do above jobs .
- Plan to convert each user story into software components along with requirements and specifications associated with every future component. Components are user Interfaces and code objects, database objects etc - bricks and mortars of the software application. This job is of a System Analyst cum Designer.
- Create graphical representation of the user interface layouts and screen templates. You need a Graphics Designer who can do it efficiently.
- Convert all the functionalities, quality benchmarks, environment setup activities, miscellaneous works into doable tasks in a manner such that every one in the team (including you people) transparently see the progress, spent hours, estimates, issues etc. This is best done by putting all requirements, defects, test cases, general tasks etc on an integrated project management software. The person who manages it is called Scrum Master.
- Convert the proposed components along with requirements into actual software components. Actual codes, files and database tables that can run on a software platform to provide expected results. This is ideally done by Developer. It's often done by two developers. Front end developer ( ReactJS, React Native Developer) for creating user interfaces and PHP/Node.js API developer to fetch data from the server.
- Test (and fix) the React Native app / feature formally using a test management tool to verify and validate the functional and nonfunctional TDD points are implemented. It requires further testing whether the idea itself requires changes or not. It may also require testing against load and security. Finally testing and fixing to make sure that everything is usable by the final user. This job is of a Test Analyst, Tester and Product Owner.
- Test the feature by the product owner and operation team (customer team). Business facing testing to ensure all the business requirements meet or not. Exploratory testing to see if there are rooms for improvement. Usability testing by the actual system user and make sure they feel comfortable.
- Make the feature live as per live process checkpoint. Everyone connected to the development team gets involved in the live process.
The entire cycle is done on an agile process. That means full development is transparent to the DEV team and Operation team. Right person does his job when required. An efficient feedback loop is created. If a defect /anomaly is identified at any step, it is sent back to the previous step and gets corrected. Using this LEAN / DevOps powered Agile development process we can build a system which will provide maximum value to your users without delivering clutter.
How can we help you in building a Large Drupal Application?
It may not be easy ( if not impossible) for you to hire so many experts. Just hiring a developer will not solve your problem either. We can help you …
- We have been into web development since 1999. We have a fair amount of organisational knowledge base and codebase from which you can benefit.
- We will provide you with an experienced developer cum analyst who can play the roles of a product assistant, system analyst, system designer as well as of the developer with some help from inhouse experts.
- We can provide you with a full stack developer with competence in ReactJs and React Native for building interactive web frontend with Drupal back end and native mobile apps for both android and iOS.
- A Scrum master will be assigned along with the developer to monitor the project at no extra cost or at a marginal extra cost. He will be available to you for any expert suggestion.
- When a situation demands expert help, we will line up the experts on an SOS basis. We have functional experts in system designing, business analysis, server administration, web designing etc. At just marginal additional cost.
- A programmer can never bring the perfection of a designer to design point. We will give you access to the designer just paying the marginal cost.
- We have our own integrated project management cum product development platform that takes care of the project life cycle as well as product development life cycle. You can use it at no extra cost. It has a built in requirement management system, test management system, bug reporting, front desk in addition to the agile project management system.
- We can keep the documentation of the system (if you request) for you such that it never becomes an issue in maintenance in future when developer changes.
- If your proposed system is performance or security sensitive you must do formal load and security testing to avoid unpleasant surprise in future.
- We can manage your DEV and Live server at AWS too. Basic setup & day to day administration including backup.
Hiring Models available for Drupal Development
- Full dedicated Hiring - You can hire a developer on a dedicated basis. He will work only on your project. Additionally you can avail the shared resources (say designer) on an SOS basis.
- Part Dedicated Hiring - You can hire a dedicated developer partly. Minimum booking for a month is 60 hours. We will guarantee the availability of the same developer however will be billed on an hourly basis. Good for low involvement support projects.
- Project Based Hiring - You can hire us for your new project on project based. We will provide quotes conditionally on the basis of explored requirements.
- Virtual Dedicated Hiring - Same as dedicated but we guarantee 160 hours of work. One main developer with shared resources. Good when you have a low budget but want help from all experts when required.
Why Hire Us for Drupal Development?
Web Development since 1999
We are in web development since 1999. In 2004 we developed a PHP MVC framework. Worked on almost all popular web technologies. We implemented many innovative ideas to maximize the client's revenue.
Reliable - In-house with no Newbies
We have a dedicated in-house team of 30+ developers. 80% of them are 6+ years experience. 6 of them are 14+ years of experience. Only experienced developers and experts will work on your projects.
Complete Solution - Concept to Cash
We have six 15+ years of experienced experts who will help to add value at different points of the software development life cycle. Execution will be done by experienced developers and technology experts.
Built-in-Quality through Lean Practices
You can't turn a MI phone into an iPhone, once it is built. Because adding qualities as in iPhone requires to be built-in. We have quality checks on every step of the value stream starting right from the code editor.
Expertise in Latest Technologies
We are currently focused on the latest tools, technologies, programming languages, frameworks and microservices architectures for developing web, cloud, desktop and mobile apps.
Use of Worldclass Agile Tools
Only programming technologies do not help. We set up our development pipelines with DevOps tools like Jira, GIT, Dockers, Kubernetes and automated testing tools to deliver world-class quality in minimum time.
Super Service at India Price
With the help of experienced and trained resources, 21 years of software development experience, hard work and professional honesty, we provide super service. And still at India Price, as we manage everything from India.
History of Serving in the Long Term
We provide future support. Even if you come back with a small change. Clients stay with for years. And in fact employees too. The main reason behind this is we really care about our clients and employees.
How does it cost?
Cost is likley to vary depending on the project, hiring plan, process of development etc. For the best price please contact us. We will work out the best package deal within your budget. At the same time will keep you happy.