We are a Phalcon development company in India. We have a Phalcon team with a tested organizational knowledgebase. We have been into Phalcon Development since 2015. We can provide solutions to any of your phalcon development projects.
What is Phalcon?
Phalcon is the fastest PHP MVC framework ever built. It’s core is written in the C programming language. The framework core needs to be installed as a PHP extension. It entails minimum overhead to the application.
When to use Phalcon PHP framework
People choose Phalcon when performance is the major concern, which other frameworks can not provide. It is the most powerful PHP framework at this moment.
Here are the sources of its power
- Phalcon core is written in the C programming language. The compiled core takes minimum memory and CPU resources because it works with the PHP engine as a PHP extension. This gives tremendous performance benefit.
- One has the option to write code in Zephyr which eventually gets converted to C compiled code for faster processing. If 10% of the CPU intensive code of an application is compiled in this way we can avoid 90% CPU load for a CPU intensive application.
This single reason, performance, has made the Phalcon the best choice for building APIs for a performance sensitive web project.
- High performance
- Rich functionality
- Good for highload
- Requires a minimum of file operations
- Consumes few resources
- You can use your own base and its individual elements.
- The ORM technology interacts with databases resulting in high performance.
- Quick processing as framework has direct access to PHP engine
- Ideal for API development
Why Phalcon is not popular despite it is fastest
- Less Phalcon developer availability due to C phobia
- Unlike Laravel, Phalcon does not provide default auth. One has to write his own. It is better but requires a team and proper plan. Not easy going.
- Phalcon core is a PHP extension and does not run at most shared hosting. So not suitable for low budgeted applications.
- Freelancers do not see it suitable for the above reasons, so most of them do not have a clue of Phalcon yet.
Recommended platform for Phalcon Development
Phalcon with PHP - for core back end and API development
PgSQL - Back end database
ReactJS - for building web front end interfaces
React Native - For mobile app development
Plus usual linux tools as applicable
Steps involved to build a large Phalcon application
If you are a layman in software development, here are the steps for you to build a large application for your company. These are best when implemented on an agile basis. It still may contain some technical jargon, we will be happy to clarify it if requested ...
- Understand the basic concept and have a high level requirement document that will describe the business objective, overall concept and capabilities. List out all the possible features under each capabilities.
- Identify the 20% main features that basically constitute 80% product values. Put them in the MVP and pick the 1st feature for development.
- Break down the feature into user stories. In the proposed software who will do what, when, where and why. You need a Product Owner (it is an agile software development term) to efficiently do above jobs .
- Plan to convert each user story into software components along with requirements and specifications associated with every future component. Components are user Interfaces and code objects, database objects etc - bricks and mortars of the software application. This job is of a System Analyst cum Designer.
- Create graphical representation of the user interface layouts and screen templates. You need a Graphics Designer who can do it efficiently.
- Convert all the functionalities, quality benchmarks, environment setup activities, miscellaneous works into doable tasks in a manner such that every one in the team (including you people) transparently see the progress, spent hours, estimates, issues etc. This is best done by putting all requirements, defects, test cases, general tasks etc on an integrated project management software. The person who manages it is called Scrum Master.
- Convert the proposed components along with requirements into actual software components. Actual codes, files and database tables that can run on a software platform to provide expected results. This is ideally done by Developer. It's often done by two developers. Front end developer ( ReactJS, React Native Developer) for creating user interfaces and PHP/Node.js API developer to fetch data from the server.
- Test (and fix) the React Native app / feature formally using a test management tool to verify and validate the functional and nonfunctional TDD points are implemented. It requires further testing whether the idea itself requires changes or not. It may also require testing against load and security. Finally testing and fixing to make sure that everything is usable by the final user. This job is of a Test Analyst, Tester and Product Owner.
- Test the feature by the product owner and operation team (customer team). Business facing testing to ensure all the business requirements meet or not. Exploratory testing to see if there are rooms for improvement. Usability testing by the actual system user and make sure they feel comfortable.
- Make the feature live as per live process checkpoint. Everyone connected to the development team gets involved in the live process.
The entire cycle is done on an agile process. That means full development is transparent to the DEV team and Operation team. Right person does his job when required. An efficient feedback loop is created. If a defect /anomaly is identified at any step, it is sent back to the previous step and gets corrected. Using this LEAN / DevOps powered Agile development process we can build a system which will provide maximum value to your users without delivering clutter.
How can we help you in building a Phalcon application?
It may not be easy ( if not impossible) for you to hire so many experts. Just hiring a developer will not solve your problem either. We can help you …
- We have been into web development since 1999. We have a fair amount of organisational knowledge base and codebase from which you can benefit.
- We will provide you with an experienced developer cum analyst who can play the roles of a product assistant, system analyst, system designer as well as of the developer with some help from inhouse experts.
- We can provide you with a full stack developer with competence in ReactJs and React Native for building interactive web frontend with Drupal back end and native mobile apps for both android and iOS.
- A Scrum master will be assigned along with the developer to monitor the project at no extra cost or at a marginal extra cost. He will be available to you for any expert suggestion.
- When a situation demands expert help, we will line up the experts on an SOS basis. We have functional experts in system designing, business analysis, server administration, web designing etc. At just marginal additional cost.
- A programmer can never bring the perfection of a designer to design point. We will give you access to the designer just paying the marginal cost.
- We have our own integrated project management cum product development platform that takes care of the project life cycle as well as product development life cycle. You can use it at no extra cost. It has a built in requirement management system, test management system, bug reporting, front desk in addition to the agile project management system.
- We can keep the documentation of the system (if you request) for you such that it never becomes an issue in maintenance in future when developer changes.
- If your proposed system is performance or security sensitive you must do formal load and security testing to avoid unpleasant surprise in future.
- We can manage your DEV and Live server at AWS too. Basic setup & day to day administration including backup.
Hiring Models available for Phalcon Development
- Full dedicated Hiring - You can hire a developer on a dedicated basis. He will work only on your project. Additionally you can avail the shared resources (say designer) on an SOS basis.
- Part Dedicated Hiring - You can hire a dedicated developer partly. Minimum booking for a month is 60 hours. We will guarantee the availability of the same developer however will be billed on an hourly basis. Good for low involvement support projects.
- Project Based Hiring - You can hire us for your new project on project based. We will provide quotes conditionally on the basis of explored requirements.
- Virtual Dedicated Hiring - Same as dedicated but we guarantee 160 hours of work. One main developer with shared resources. Good when you have a low budget but want help from all experts when required.
Why Hire Us for Phalcon Development?
We add Lean & DevOps values to your application
Toyota became world leader in car manufacturing by practicing Lean. Leading businesses today do DevOps (the successor of Lean) automation to minimize the waste. We too can help you in this regard.
TDD checklists to ensure Built-in-Quality
Quality not defined is quality denied. There are some core qualities those must be introduced in the design phase, can never be added after QC process. We add these built-in-quality through TDD checkpoints.
Agile platform covering both product and project life cycle
Most of the project management software takes care of the project life cycle only. Our project cum product management system automates the CMMI processes in agile perspective throughout the product life cycle (PLC).
Integrated Requirement Management System
Our system includes a built in agile requirement development and management system. It helps both you and the developer to extract the software requirements easily in the format that a developer actually needs.
Integrated Change Management System
Change is a must to stay in business. A change can be a bug, an missed out requirement, an improvement or simply a new addition. To report, manage and document a change is important. Our system process takes care of it.
Integrated Test Management Platform
Without a proper testing (verification and validation), there is a little chance that all the funtional and non funtional requirements will be there in the delivery. We have a built-in system and process to take care of it.
System Documentation in the background
Project execution is one time job, but the delivered product requires future maintenance. It can be too painful if the system logics, flow diagrams, use cases, changes are not documented. We do it in the background.
No unpleasant surprises - Estimate Change History
The fact is, most software projects run in late. There can be many reasons but only one solution. Know the reasons at earliest and act accordingly. We provide anytime estimate change report to act before it surprises you.
Full team support lead by 15+ years exp experts
We have sevearl 15+ years experienced experts who guide the developers in defining the product, processes and design the architecture as required. You get the standards set by the experts but implemented by developers.
Defined quality delivery at low India price
This has been possible because of the availiblity of high quality skills at India price together with agile practices, process automation, integrated test managment with TDD checklists, 5S verification and finally ethical practices.
Web Development since 1999
Future Support Ensured - by default
We provide future support. Even if you come back with a small change. Client stay with for years. Most of our clients are with us for more than 5 years. The main reason we would like to grow with our clients.
What next for Phalcon Development Hiring?
Please contact us. We will discuss by email or schedule a meeting on skype whichever is convenient to you. After discussion we will suggest the best possible deal such that you get maximum value at minimum cost.