Web Development using Yii framework
Yii is a high performance PHP framework (MVC) for building CMS websites as well for a large web application. Yii framework consists of some code libraries written in PHP along with a defined set of rules / conventions / processes to develop a robust and high performance web application. Yii2 is the latest version of Yii framework.
We are a full fledged Yii development company in India. We are into Yii development since 2014 and in PHP development since 1999. We can surely help in Yii development.
How does the Yii / Yii2 help in Web Development?
It is true that one can develop a web application without using a framework. Then why use a framework? Why Yii/Yii2?
The only answer - to save time by not exploring things which are already explored and tested by thousands of others. Yii framework helps in all parts of the application platform
Any web application has following parts
- Business logic - The actual business logics are written in codes / database objects. A framework gives a guideline where and how to write the codes. It also provides existing libraries that can be reused for common business logics. Yii provides huge core and 3rd party libraries to helpout.
- Application logic - These scripts define how different objects inside the application. The performance, security etc of the application largely depends on it. In fact the application logics are written in framework core. Yii has a lightweight core for better performance.
- Associated engines / servers - These create the platform on which the application runs. Database server, web server, mail server, caching server, scripting engine etc. Yii provides different options to connect these for high performance.
In all four parts Yii manages well. In addition Yii helps its developers to run automated Unit testing options by integrating codeception. We can of course have the option not to choose a framework, but have to often remake the wheel.
Yii / Yii2 advantages over other web development frameworks
Here are a few solid reasons why choose Yii
- Yii is easy to Install and manage - For web developers, time is money. It is free. One can easily download and install in minutes.
- Yii utilizes latest Technologies - Yii is a pure OOP framework, and takes advantage of some of PHP’s more advanced features, including late static binding, SPL classes and interfaces, and anonymous functions. It provides libraries for using React and other front end tools.
- Yii is highly extensible - Yii is like a suit that looks great off of the rack, but is also very easy to tailor to fit your needs. Virtually every component of the framework is extensible.
- Yii simplifies security - None can deny the importance of security on any web application, and fortunately Yii gives great default solutions.
- Yii shortens development time - Yii provides some excellent tools to do the repeat jobs and reduce delivery time
- Yii is easy to tune for better performance - Yii provides good tools for caching on application and server level to optimize the performance.
Recommended platform for Yii Development
- Yii2 - for API
- ReactJS - for frontend development
- PgSQL - Back end database
- React Native - For mobile app development
- Plus usual linux tools as applicable
Steps involved to build a Yii Application
If you are a layman in software development, here are the steps for you to build a large application for your company. These are best when implemented on an agile basis. It still may contain some technical jargon, we will be happy to clarify it if requested ...
- Understand the basic concept and have a high level requirement document that will describe the business objective, overall concept and capabilities. List out all the possible features under each capabilities.
- Identify the 20% main features that basically constitute 80% product values. Put them in the MVP and pick the 1st feature for development.
- Break down the feature into user stories. In the proposed software who will do what, when, where and why. You need a Product Owner (it is an agile software development term) to efficiently do above jobs .
- Plan to convert each user story into software components along with requirements and specifications associated with every future component. Components are user Interfaces and code objects, database objects etc - bricks and mortars of the software application. This job is of a System Analyst cum Designer.
- Create graphical representation of the user interface layouts and screen templates. You need a Graphics Designer who can do it efficiently.
- Convert all the functionalities, quality benchmarks, environment setup activities, miscellaneous works into doable tasks in a manner such that every one in the team (including you people) transparently see the progress, spent hours, estimates, issues etc. This is best done by putting all requirements, defects, test cases, general tasks etc on an integrated project management software. The person who manages it is called Scrum Master.
- Convert the proposed components along with requirements into actual software components. Actual codes, files and database tables that can run on a software platform to provide expected results. This is ideally done by Developer. It's often done by two developers. Front end developer ( ReactJS, React Native Developer) for creating user interfaces and PHP/Node.js API developer to fetch data from the server.
- Test (and fix) the React Native app / feature formally using a test management tool to verify and validate the functional and nonfunctional TDD points are implemented. It requires further testing whether the idea itself requires changes or not. It may also require testing against load and security. Finally testing and fixing to make sure that everything is usable by the final user. This job is of a Test Analyst, Tester and Product Owner.
- Test the feature by the product owner and operation team (customer team). Business facing testing to ensure all the business requirements meet or not. Exploratory testing to see if there are rooms for improvement. Usability testing by the actual system user and make sure they feel comfortable.
- Make the feature live as per live process checkpoint. Everyone connected to the development team gets involved in the live process.
The entire cycle is done on an agile process. That means full development is transparent to the DEV team and Operation team. Right person does his job when required. An efficient feedback loop is created. If a defect /anomaly is identified at any step, it is sent back to the previous step and gets corrected. Using this LEAN / DevOps powered Agile development process we can build a system which will provide maximum value to your users without delivering clutter.
How can we help you in Yii Development?
It may not be easy ( if not impossible) for you to hire so many experts. Just hiring a developer will not solve your problem either. We can help you …
- We have been into web development and PHP development since 1999 and Yii since 2014. We have a fair amount of organisational knowledge base and codebase from which you can benefit.
- We will provide you with an experienced Yii developer who can play other roles with help from inhouse experts. When a situation demands expert help, we will line up the experts on an SOS basis.
- We can provide you with a Yii developer with competence in ReactJs and React Native for building interactive web frontend with Yii back end and native mobile apps for both android and iOS.
- A programmer can never bring the perfection of a designer to design point. We will give you access to the designer just paying the marginal cost.
- If your proposed system is performance or security sensitive you must do formal load and security testing to avoid unpleasant surprise in future.
- We can manage your DEV and Live server at AWS too. Basic setup & day to day administration including backup.
- We have our own integrated project management cum product development platform that takes care of the project life cycle as well as product development life cycle. You can use it at no extra cost.
Hiring models available for Yii Development
- Full dedicated Hiring - You can hire a developer on a dedicated basis. He will work only on your project. Additionally you can avail the shared resources (say designer) on an SOS basis.
- Part Dedicated Hiring - You can hire a dedicated developer partly. Minimum booking for a month is 60 hours. We will guarantee the availability of the same developer however will be billed on an hourly basis. Good for low involvement support projects.
- Project Based Hiring - You can hire us for your new project on project based. We will provide quotes conditionally on the basis of explored requirements.
- Virtual Dedicated Hiring - Same as dedicated but we guarantee 160 hours of work. One main developer with shared resources. Good when you have a low budget but want help from all experts when required.
How does it cost
For the best price please contact us. We will work out the best package deal within your budget. At the same time will keep you happy.
Why Hire Us for Yii Development?
Web Development since 1999
We are in web development since 1999. In 2004 we developed a PHP MVC framework. Worked on almost all popular web technologies. We implemented many innovative ideas to maximize the client's revenue.
Reliable - In-house with no Newbies
We have a dedicated in-house team of 30+ developers. 80% of them are 6+ years experience. 6 of them are 14+ years of experience. Only experienced developers and experts will work on your projects.
Complete Solution - Concept to Cash
We have six 15+ years of experienced experts who will help to add value at different points of the software development life cycle. Execution will be done by experienced developers and technology experts.
Built-in-Quality through Lean Practices
You can't turn a MI phone into an iPhone, once it is built. Because adding qualities as in iPhone requires to be built-in. We have quality checks on every step of the value stream starting right from the code editor.
Expertise in Latest Technologies
We are currently focused on the latest tools, technologies, programming languages, frameworks and microservices architectures for developing web, cloud, desktop and mobile apps.
Use of Worldclass Agile Tools
Only programming technologies do not help. We set up our development pipelines with DevOps tools like Jira, GIT, Dockers, Kubernetes and automated testing tools to deliver world-class quality in minimum time.
Super Service at India Price
With the help of experienced and trained resources, 21 years of software development experience, hard work and professional honesty, we provide super service. And still at India Price, as we manage everything from India.
History of Serving in the Long Term
We provide future support. Even if you come back with a small change. Clients stay with for years. And in fact employees too. The main reason behind this is we really care about our clients and employees.